PCRS Essential guide to spirometryPosted on: 28 Oct 2019
This resource was originally published in the Spring 2019 issue of PCRU.
This handy resource from PCRS gives a breakdown of the essential information you need to know in order to perform and interpret spirometry in primary care.
- What is spirometry?
- Who should undertake spirometry?
- What are the training options and how much do they cost?
- What are the different types of spirometry testing?
- What measurements can you undertake with spirometry?
- What are the common errors in performing spirometry testing?
- What are the contradictions for spirometry?
To view the PCRS Essential Guide to Spirometry click here.
You may also find some of our other resources on spirometry useful.
Our easy-to-use checklist gives you a step-by-step guide to performing high-quality spirometry.
Why not check out this discussion on improving the quality of diagnostic spirometry?
Test yourself with our CPD module on spirometry.
And finally, stop by our video demonstrating how to perform quality assured spirometry.