ILD series part 1: identification and patient referralPosted on: 5 Nov 2019
This first video in the series will focus on the identification of interstitial lung disease and the process of patient referral.
By the end of the video you should be able to:
- Identify the causes of different types of ILD
- Describe how to take a medical history to identify the possible causes of ILD
- Describe how to examine and investigate suspected ILD in primary care
- Differentiate ILD from other respiratory conditions (COPD, bronchiectasis, asthma)
- Refer a patient with suspected ILD to secondary care
- Explain the differences between the sounds of healthy lungs vs COPD and ILD
If you have any feedback or comments, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the RCN cannot confirm the competence of any practitioner.